The Penticton Indian Band Health Department offers a wide scope of Mental Health and Addictions services for community members living on reserve.
Elaine Kruger is a registered NNADAP worker and brings a wealth of knowledge, true depth of caring to this program. She incorporates tradition and cultural whenever possible. Elaine is a Pentiction Indian Band member living on reserve and a Health Team member for 5 years.
For any Clinic and Professional services or questions: Please contact Elaine Kruger at: Phone: (250) 493-0048 ext: 123 Cell: (250) 809-6766 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALCOHOL AND DRUG PROGRAM SUPPORTS
- On site A&D counselling, outreach also
- AA and NA program support
- Pre-Treatment Center application processing
- Detox referrals
- Pre & Post treatment counseling
- Other support services
- Referrals to Health Clerk for transportation subsidy for Treatment Center Travel
- Processing of Prior approval for medical exam tests for Treatment Center applications
- Outreach and on Call
- Social Development and Health department have four staff trained at all times in suicide prevention/intervention
- PIB Health department ensure that there are staff as team members on the Okanagan Nation Crisis Response Team.
RESOURCES AND EVENTS
- Extensive library of books, VHS, information for clients to reference
- Lead support for National Addictions Awareness Month Campaign
- Around the Kitchen Table (ATKT) HIV/AIDS awareness workshops monthly
INTER-DEPARTMENTAL AND EXTERNAL LINKAGES
- IHA Health Unit
- Okanagan Nation Alliance Crisis Response Team