The Penticton Indian Band Social Development department and the South Okanagan Aboriginal Working Committee (SOAWC) joined forces to offer the Urban Family Outreach program. The program office is located in the downtown area of Penticton, BC, Canada and is coordinated by the Family Enrichment Worker, _
The full-time Family Enrichment Worker provides services as directed by the SOAWC. This position is provincially funded by the Ministry of Child and Family Development and is administered through the Penticton Indian Band.
SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO:
- Status and
families, youth and children who are residing off-reserve and within the South Okanagan area.
This program accepts self refferals in addition to agency referrals.
SERVICES MAY INCLUDE:
- In-home family support
- referrals to other supportive resources
- Assistance to those dealing with child welfare matters
- Life skills training/ planning
- Parenting classes/ Parental support
- Baby gift bags for new and expecting parents
- Other emergency resources may be available and are assessed according to the program guidelines.