Penticton Indian Social Assistance provides numerous services to recipients of Social Assistance who are living on the Penticton Indian Band reserve lands. Services such as:
- Social Assistance
- Incentive Allowance
- Special Needs Allowance
- Natal Allowance
- Infant Formula Allowance
- Diet Allowance
- Camp Fee Allowance
- December Supplementary Allowance
- School Start-up Allowance
- Work Clothes/ Work Transportation Benefit
- Workforce Entry Benefit
- Moving Costs
- Special Transportation
- Guide Dog Allowance
Please contact the Social Development Department if you feel you may qualify for one of these services.
Please make note of the name of the service you are inquiring about.
WHAT IS SOCIAL ASSISTANCE?
Social Assistance is monies provided to cover the basic needs of individuals, couples and families such as food, shelter and clothing costs who are unemployed or unemployable and living on the Penticton Indian Band reserve lands in Penticton, BC, Canada.
WHEN CAN I APPLY FOR SOCIAL ASSISTANCE?
- you can apply for income assistance when you or your family is short of money due to unemployment; health issues; and disability related issues;
- you don’t need to wait until you have absolutely NO money left, you’ve sold all your possessions or until you are out of house and home.
WHERE CAN I APPLY FOR SA?
- you must apply for social assistance at the PIB Social Development office only if you are residing on PIB reserve lands.
- the PIB social development department is located at the Penticton Indian Band Administration office.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR SA?
To qualify for Social Assistance you need to call and make an appointment with the Social Development Assistant and provide some basic information and documents to receive SA entitlements such as:
- Picture ID/ status cards
- Social Insurance card
- Care Card
- ID for every member of your family
- an up-to-date bankbook or bank statement
- recent rent, fuel and utilities receipts and or bills
- statements showing recent income (last two pay stubs)
- Workers Compensation documents
- EI documents or pay slips
- documents about your assets (house, car, boat…)